10 Pioneering Free Photo Editing Tools Online – selected by me 🙂
A short overview transition in the land of photo editing offline and online world whether for fun or real “photoshop” editing/distorting. According to Merriam-Webster dictionary, the “Origin of PHOTOSHOP was once a trademark for an image-manipulation software product, first known use in 1992. It means to alter (a digital image) with Photoshop software or other image-editing software especially in a way that distorts reality (as for deliberately deceptive purposes)”.
Besides the expensive Adobe and Corel photo edit program tools existed there are totally free tools like Picnik.com, Picasa of Google, Picnik was in alliance with Picasa Google, Befunky, Photobucket, Blingee, etc., which were few to compete the fun editing online. It took a bit while before all these funny editing tools stir the pot in the market to use them free, except for their mobile and tablets apps for their cup of coffee. Picnik became famous before they decided to close down painfully for their users. There were still remnants of Picnik left on Picasa in the year 2013 before Google totally changed an editing built-in photo editing to their program by using Google Plus editor. The similar period when Adobe Photoshop stirred up and decided to be a bit generous to give the public Adobe Photoshop a free version with scaled down features.
Ribbet.com editing tool arrived which is a similar platform of Picnik.com for original Picnik followers while Picnik regenerated itself into wonderful Picmonkey.com. Google Plus editing tool online still has limitation depending on what you need as you could not save your original photo once you uploaded and edited it Google Plus photo editing.
1. “In 2005, along came a tool called Picnik, and suddenly advanced image manipulation came to the public. Easy, free, and powerful, the website revolutionised professional photo editing by making it available to everyone. When Google announced Picnik’s impending closure in early 2012, there was an enormous public outcry. People had come to rely on the service, which brought “photo awesomeness” to everyone, and they weren’t happy to see it go, to say the least. Along came Ribbet! Packed with all the original Picnik functionality and built on the same platform that made it great, Ribbet offers a familiar interface and the same ease-of-use that people have come to love. We adopted the frog that demonstrates the different photo effects, and would like to give special thanks to Igor Siwanowicz for his permission to use his beautiful tree frog photo.” http://www.ribbet.com/
2. “PicMonkey has a free online photo editor that takes your images from good to glorious with a heaping load of fun. It’s photo editing for people who have a tonne of creativity but no time for learning software.” http://www.picmonkey.com/
3. “There’s a reason why fun is BeFunky’s middle name; we believe that you should have as much fun editing your pictures as you do taking them. That’s why our photo editor puts everything you could dream up at your fingertips without any of the hassles.” http://www.befunky.com/
4. Once upon a time, serious photo editing was left to graphic designers. Professional software packages like Photoshop are powerful but very expensive and so complex that courses run into thousands of dollars and years of study. In 2005, along came to a tool called Picnik, and suddenly advanced image manipulation came to the public. Easy, free, and powerful, the website revolutionised professional photo editing by making it available to everyone. No download, installation or sign-up required http://www.ribbet.com/
5. You can easily add any photo effects to your photo online. It is easy and fun! You can make you photo cards and other photo effects without using Photo shop or any graphic programs, just choose an effect and click on it, then download your photo http://photomica.com/index.php
6. Photo editing tool in any language format. According to PikJoke, “No more need to study photoshop during weeks and months, to explore colour correction, textures, gradients. Don’t you know the difference between vector and raster graphics? It doesn’t matter at all. Do you like creative work? We are at your service. No need to download anything – all funny photo effects are online.You may do photo collages with the pictures of yourself, your friends, children, parents, classmates, even your boss. All of them will be glad for your attention to them. And everybody will smile. A smile improves health, strengthens immunity and improves performance.As your funny picture is ready just lean back and enjoy … and then share your masterpiece with your friends – send the link by mail or through social networks. I promise you – they will be glad. You may even publish your work in your blog. Your readers will leave tonnes of comments to that post. Pay attention that all this is free and without registration.” https://picjoke.net/en/
7. Do you want to be the focus of attention? Do you want to be treated like a superstar? Do you want to surprise your friends? Here! http://www.funnywow.com/
8. PiZap is a free, easy, online photo editor and collage making tool. PiZap is also available on the Apple iPhone and iPad in the App Store. Edit your pics, make cool picture collages, and decorate your images with filters and stickers. Get creative with 1000’s of borders, collage templates, backgrounds, stickers, free timeline covers, and funny webcam effects. http://pizap.com/
9. FunPhotoBox offers online services to have fun with your photos and more: Photo effects – create funny pictures from your photos. Create romantic greeting cards with your photos. Create funny gif animations with your photos. Put your face in a hole. Become a superstar! http://funphotobox.com/
10. phrase.it is a free online image editor which lets you add speech- and thought bubbles to your photos. http://phrase.it/